Business Attire Guidelines - for the Business Professional
Let your clothes speak for you
Learn what to wear and what not to wear in business settings. Find out how to invest in the right apparel and accessories to maximize your professional impact.
Who is it for?
- New employees who want advice on how to dress in an office environment (a get-started course).
- Existing employees who have been promoted and must acquire a more professional wardrobe.
- Managers who want to point employees to guidelines of appropriate dress. Managers can effectively manage dress-code conflict by requiring everyone in the department to take the course so there is a common understanding of the basic guidelines for business attire.
What will you learn?
Your appearance impacts the decisions others make about you and your ideas.
You will learn:
- Guidelines for building a classic professional wardrobe, and a business casual wardrobe for both men and women
- The impact of appearance on client perceptions
- The power of colour on visual communication
- How to update a wardrobe while staying within a budget
- The distinction between professional and business casual attire
Be able to answer:
- Why image is important in the sales and customer service process
- How to build an effective business wardrobe (even on a budget)
- How to present yourselves in the best possible way to influence customers to choose your products
- How to look your best with minimal effort
- Importance of first impressions
- Emotional impact of colours.
- Differences between professional and casual business attire.
- Women's Professional wardrobe: pant suits, skirt suits, dress and jacket, shoes.
- Women's Business Casual attire: pants combinations and skirt combinations.
- Men's Professional wardrobe: classic suit, shirts, ties, shoes, socks and belts.
- Men's Business Casual attire: pants, sport jackets, blazers, vests, sweaters.
- Moving between professional and business casual, depending on occasion and client.
The course is built on tested learning principles that provide:
- Explanation of relevant concepts.
- Supporting visuals to illustrate concepts.
- Frequent exercises to reinforce learning.
- Real-world scenarios that invite learners to apply their knowledge.
- Jeopardy-style game at the end for a quick review.
- Certificate of successful completion.
- Accessibility for the visual and physically impaired.
Sample Slide 1
The course is designed to help you build a business wardrobe that doesn't break your budget, and at the same time allows you to select occasion-appropriate outfits.
Sample Slide 2
The course provides a detailed overview of what items of clothing are required to complement the look you hope to achieve, and the first impression you strive to make.
Sample Slide 3
The course reinforces learning, by providing exercises that ask you to make a wardrobe choice for a specific occasion.
Sample Slide 4
The course offers a Jeopardy-style game at the end to test and reinforce learning.